Pasta is one of the most versatile “food groups” as far as I’m concerned. You can add so many things to pasta and come up with a casual or an elegant meal. Today there are so many pasta options in our supermarkets – you can purchase whole wheat pasta, gluten free pasta made from rice (check out Lundberg.com) and semolina pasta in every possible shape and size. If you’ve never tasted fresh pasta, get ready for a surprise to your senses. In this class you will be cranking out fresh pasta by hand and see how the nonni’s of old created simple, but yet delicious dishes from the basics in their kitchen – flour and eggs ( flour paste – hence pasta).
- Caprese Salad
- Swiss Chard-Ricotta Ravioli
- Pasta Carbonara made with milk instead of cream
- Pesto & Tomato Angel Hair
- Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta
- Tiramisu for dessert from La Cucina Italiana Magazine