Prep 10 mins Cook 20 mins Eat 30 mins
Who doesn’t love the idea of Tequila Chicken Fettuccine. California Pizza Kitchen has this dish on their menu and I think my version is lighter, tangy and ultra delicious.
To make the dish really colorful we used red, yellow and orange peppers in our 30-Minute Cooking Class. The tequila and lime juice add great flavor and the jalapeno gives you some heat. Add more if you’re up for it! The light cream adds just the right amount of richness. Be sure to wait until the pasta is tossed to add the lime juice. If you add it to the creamy sauce before tossing, you are likely to see the milk curdle. Karen and Tresja did a speedy job of creating this dish despite everyone wanting to move their pasta pot off the range in the kitchen. They persisted on claiming their space and the Tequila Chicken Fettuccine was YUMMY!
To make this recipe in 30 minutes, prep vegetables first so they are ready to cook when needed.
Tequila Chicken Fettuccine
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 3 bell peppers (red, yellow, orange or green) sliced thin into 3″ pieces
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 2 Chicken breasts — boned and skinned, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup light cream (1/2 & 1/2)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup Chopped cilantro
1. Bring pasta pot of water to boil.
2. Heat 2 Tbs olive oil in large fry pan and saute onions on low until limp. Set aside. Add 1 more Tbs olive oil to pan and fry peppers until they are lightly browned and limp. Set aside in a bowl.
3. In the meantime, cook your fettuccine in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain.
4. While fettuccine is cooking, saute your chicken in remaining 1 Tbs olive oil for a few minutes on medium heat. Stir in the jalapeno and garlic to the pan and cook an additional 2 minutes. Add tequila to the pan to deglaze. Stir and turn heat up to med high for 3 minutes, loosening up any browned bits in the pan.
5. Add chicken stock, onions and peppers and turn heat up to high for 5 minutes. Add cream and reduce liquid for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Toss fettuccine with half of sauce and the lime juice in large bowl or pan and let it sit for a few minutes before serving up on plates. Add more of sauce to top off the pasta plates and sprinkle fresh cilantro to garnish.
Servings: 6 573 Calories per serving