Prep 5 mins Eat 5 mins
Looking for appetizer ideas for your spring party? This Tapenade will take you five minutes to whip up in your food processor. It’s delicious and it’s different. The ingredients are items you can have on hand to make at a moment’s notice. You can serve it on fresh baguette slices, crostini toasts, crackers, chips or as a dip for fresh veggies.
Occasionally I sell some Pampered Chef products and this recipe came to me in their mini-book called Season’s Best. It shows off one of their new products, the Pampered Chef Manual Food Processor, which I do love. Imagine a mini food processor that uses no electric power. You pump the machine as you would a salad spinner and within two minutes you have yourself a Fresh Food in a Flash Tapenade. You can purchase one from me or you can use your own food processor. Pulse the ingredients so they stay chunky.
I showed how to make this 5-Minute Roasted Red Pepper & Sun-Dried Tomato Tapenade at the beginning of our 30-Minute Meals Cooking Class. We slathered this onto freshly baked baguette slices and they were gone in a flash! I had to grab a few quick to snap this picture!
5-Minute Roasted Red Pepper & Sun-Dried Tomato Tapenade
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes in oil
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives pitted
- 1 cup jarred or fresh roasted red peppers
1. Place garlic in food processor and process until minced. Add a handful of parsley leaves and mince.
2. Add tomatoes, walnuts, oil, vinegar and pulse until coarsely chopped. Then add olives, pulse again. The final step is to add the roasted red pepper, Pulse until mixture is combined and ingredients still look a little chunky, but spreadable.
Servings: 16 Yield: 2 cups 41 Calories per Serving