I haven’t even shopped for our Thanksgiving meal, but I’m talking about Christmas Cookies already. It’s an annual tradition. Saturday, December 14 will be our 10th annual of baking cookies as a group at the Holy Nativity Community Hall in Westchester. There’s always been flour, sugar, butter and kids. The kids are what make it special – watching as maybe they make their very first Christmas cookie ever – decorating the sugar cookies as only a child can.
- Striped Mint Shortbread (2005) So pretty!
- Turtle Bars (2005) enough said!
- Thumbprint Cookies (2004) with a cherry in the middle – so festive!
- Cashew Drops (2013) I snuck in a new one a friend shared last December
- Sugar Cookies (every year) – Cutouts for the kids to decorate
- Microwave Fudge Sampler (2008) 3 flavors from one recipe! – Chocolate-Walnut, Peanut Butter, Pistachio-Craisin
- Gingerbread Drops (2010)
- Russian Teacakes or Mexican Wedding Cakes (2004) – Snowballs that everyone loves!
Bring your apron, cookie tin and the kids for an afternoon of baking and holidaying. We will have a table where the kids will decorate their very own cookies to take home. You will go home with a plate of cookies that you and your friends have baked together along with recipes for baking at home. Click here to see pictures from last year’s Cookie class.
Class fee $40 when you reserve by December 10 , $45 at the door. Kids under 12 Free when accompanied by an adult – one child per paid adult. To reserve your spot, email Patricia@FreshFoodinaFlash.com . Then write a check to “Fresh Food in a Flash”; mail it to Holy Nativity Episcopal Church, Cooking Class, 6700 West 83rd Street, Westchester, CA 90045.