When you live in Southern California, you can count on great Mexican food everywhere you turn. We love our tacos and enchiladas, but when we want a more glammed up meal, the new Southwestern cuisine combines the spicy flavors of the southwest we love with a grand presentation.
Come join us Thursday, May 15, 6:00 – 9:00 at the Holy Nativity Community Hall in Westchester when we explore the flavors from the Southwest. Last year we started down this road with dishes from Bobby Flay, Susan Feniger and Mary Sue Milliken like the Blue and Yellow Corn Muffins pictured above. There were so many choices, so little time. So once again, I consulted my southwestern cookbooks from the Mesa Grill, Pink Adobe of Santa Fe and more to come up with these winners that will be on the menu. Write this class in ink on your calendar for May 15 now and I promise you won’t be disappointed.
- Queso Fundido with Mushrooms, Chiles and Olives inspired by Michael McLaughlin’s Southwestern Grill cookbook
- Red Cabbage Jicama Slaw from Bobby Flay’s Mesa Grill cookbook
- 16 Spice Chicken with Cilantro Pumpkin Seed Sauce and Smoked Red Pepper Sauce from Bobby Flay’s Mesa Grill cookbook
- Sweet Potato & Smoked Chile Grits from Bobby Flay’s Mesa Grill cookbook
- Southwestern Bread Pudding with Tequila Sauce inspired by The Pink Adobe cookbook
- Tequila or Virgin Sunrise Cocktails from The Southwest Table cookbook
Class fee $40 when you reserve by May 12 , $45 at the door. To reserve your spot, email Patricia@FreshFoodinaFlash.com . Then write a check to “Fresh Food in a Flash”; mail it to Holy Nativity Episcopal Church, Cooking Class, 6700 West 83rd Street, Westchester, CA 90045.