There is something special about spending summertime with family and friends cooking outdoors and eating fresh and delicious food. My patio next to the swimming pool is my absolute favorite room of the house. We cook, eat, socialize and enjoy our lives there all summer long. The recipes we will make in our “Cooking Outdoors” cooking class at the Holy Nativity Community Hall on Thursday, July 21 are some of my favorite summer recipes.
When we learned to make French Ratatouille in culinary school, our instructor, Cecilia DeCastro, brought ground beef to make Bleu Cheese-Stuffed Burgers, because the two are a marriage made in heaven. So we’re going to do that in our Cooking Outdoors cooking class on July 21. Come join the fun and taste this incredible combination.
Here’s what’s on the menu on Thursday, July 21:
- Prosciutto-Parmesan Pull-Apart Loaf (can be made vegetarian)
- Green Chile and Bleu or Cheddar Cheese Stuffed Burgers (beef or turkey)
- French Ratatouille – a summer stew of tomato, zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, onion and roasted red peppers. Amazing on top of the Bleu-Cheese Burger.
- Grilled Corn on the Cob with Garlic-Basil Butter
- Dorothy’s award-winning Fresh Mini Blueberry Pies
Sign up today and join the party on Thursday, July 21.
Patricia K. Rose, of Fresh Food in a Flash will lead this hands-on cooking class on Thursday, July 21, 2016, 6:00-9:00 at the Holy Nativity Community Hall in Westchester.
Cooking Class fee is $50 when you reserve by July 18 , $55 thereafter if space is available. To reserve your spot, email Patricia@FreshFoodinaFlash.com. Cooking Classes are held at the newly remodeled Holy Nativity Community Hall, 6700 West 83rd Street, Westchester, CA 90045.