Eliminate the salad dressing bottles in your fridge and start to make fresh dressings in just a few minutes with ingredients already in your kitchen. In the Main Dish Salads Cooking Class on Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 6:00 – 9:30 pm, we will start with a Vinaigrette Lesson, where you will choose from a variety of ingredients to make your own signature salad dressing.
In this class we will make five delicious Main Dish Salads. When the weather gets warmer, we crave salads – cool main dishes that fill us up but are light and flavorful. We will explore some classics and exotic flavors for some great summer salads that you can bring to your Potlucks and Summer Barbecues just around the corner.
Here’s what’s on the menu for our Main Dish Salads Cooking Class:
- Classic Vinaigrette
- Roast Squash Salad with Dukkah and Cashews, an Egyptian spice blend containing sesame seeds and nuts from Bar M0runo in the Grand Central Market
- Superfood Salad with quinoa, kale, blueberries, mango, almonds and feta cheese from Carla Snyder’s One Pan, Two Plates: Vegetarian Suppers cookbook
- Steakhouse Iceberg Wedge Salad with all the fixings: fried onions, bacon, blue cheese and tomatoes
- Samosa Potato Salad with Warm Curry Dressing, Coconut Flakes and Papadum
- Grilled Chicken, Spinach and Mushroom Salad with Almond Butter Salad Dressing
Patricia K. Rose, of Fresh Food in a Flash, will lead this hands-on cooking class on Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 6:00-9:30 at the newly remodeled Holy Nativity Community Hall in Westchester. Once we complete the cooking, sit down and enjoy a meal you and your new friends made together with a glass of wine.
Cooking Class fee $50 when you reserve by May 8, $60 thereafter if space available. To reserve your spot, email Patricia@FreshFoodinaFlash.com. Classes take place at Holy Nativity Community Hall, 6700 West 83rd Street, Westchester, CA 90045.