Prep 5 mins Chill 25+ mins Eat 30 mins
I love the challenge of coming up with recipes that can be made quickly, but yet are fresh and delicious. This dessert is a great example. The 4-ingredient, 5-Minute, Ready in 30 Chocolate Mousse could not be easier to make. I developed this recipe for my 30-Minute Cooking Class and it is foolproof. Hannah and Emily, our young students made this dessert while giggling and licking chocolate covered spoons. They decided to make faces in each cup with the berries. The raspberry eyes remind me of a robot gone berserk!
This is the simplest elegant dessert you could make. If you take 5 minutes or so before dinner to prep this, you will have an elegant and delicious dessert to serve your family or guests. Depending on the chocolate you use, you could add a little sugar to the cream as you heat it to add sweetness. I prefer only the sweetness in the chocolate. Dress it up with berries or fruit on the side.
5-Minute Chocolate Mousse, Ready in 30
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup chocolate (2.5 oz)
- 1/2 cup cold sour cream (use light version to lower calories)
- 1 Tbs Grand Marnier or other liqueur such as Amaretto
- 1 cup berries, optional
1. Heat cream nearly to a boil.
2. Add chocolate to cream and stir until melted. Let rest to cool.
3. Once chocolate is cool, add cold sour cream to chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. Stir in liqueur and divide among 4 ramekins or serving dishes. Refrigerate until ready to serve. 20 minutes or more.
4. Decorate dishes with berries and serve.
Servings: 4, Calories per serving: 258