Soups to warm your soul and your body are the nourishment we need come January, the coldest month of the year. So come join us on Thursday, January 8 at the Holy Nativity Community Hall at our Soups, Stews and Popovers Class. It will get your gears started in the new year. You will certainly come away warmer for the experience and full of great ideas to fill your soup bowl. In this class, we will learn to make home-made vegetable stock, the basis of all good things to come. We will also make beloved popovers that are a perfect companion to a hearty bowl of soup. This year we have some new twists on all-time favorites that I think you are going to love.
- Fresh-Made Vegetable Stock
- Tomato Sweet Potato Bisque – from Carla Hall’s book, Cooking with Love, seen on the ABC show, The Chew (Vegetarian)
- Mushroom Soup (Vegetarian)
- Thai Curry Chicken Noodle Soup from Cook and Be Merry
- Sausage, Kale and Potato Soup (Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana Copycat Soup)
- Scallion and Cheddar Popovers
Patricia K. Rose, of Fresh Food in a Flash, will lead this hands-on cooking class on Thursday, January 8, 2015, 6:00-9:00 at the Holy Nativity Community Hall in Westchester. Once we complete the cooking, sit down and enjoy a meal you and your new friends made together with a glass of wine.
Cooking Class fee $50 when you reserve by January 5, $55 thereafter if space available. To reserve your spot, email Patricia@FreshFoodinaFlash.com. Classes take place at Holy Nativity Community Hall, 6700 West 83rd Street, Westchester, CA 90045.